Thursday, January 5, 2012

Roll On, Toilet Paper


Happy New Year! I have heard it said that life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes. Yowsa! 2011 just flew by. But when I look back, and think of all the amazing things that I accomplished and experienced, I think I made good use of those 365 days.
I did 5 half marathons - (just one short of my goal) and was co-chair of the inaugural Making Strides Against Breast Cancer which was an incredible journey. I have made new friends, found some old friends, all who help make a better me. I have come to the realization that I cannot be everywhere, do everything or be everyone for others, and that's okay, really. Still working on my BSN, and this time next year, I will be about 6 months away from it.
Regrets, yep, like Frank says, I have a few, but to waste time on them takes time away from bigger and better things.
I am walking into 2012 with a clearer head and heart; I hope that I can be gentler to myself and others, always. Not such a lofty goal, but definitely worthy.
No matter how fast this rolls out, we're gonna make the best of it, right?

1 comment: