Sunday, May 23, 2010

K, It is 2 weeks later and I did the Geist half marathon yesterday. I will say that it was one of the most beautiful courses I have ever done. It reminded me a little of San Francisco, except the hills weren't nearly as bad. And at the end, I felt GREAT!
At the very beginning of the race, I was walking by the girl that I had been training with all season long and all of a sudden, this big tall guy with an avocado shaped bald spot on the back of his head, comes up and pushed us apart and then ran a probably 20 feet ahead and does the same thing to 2 other girls in our running group. Seriously? Dude wasn't that fast, just incredibly rude. I don't understand why people have to be like that. First of all, we were off to the side, there was plenty of room for him to move, it wasn't anything like the mini. Second, he obviously enjoyed himself, he kept looking back over his shoulder to see our expressions.
In any case, I suppose of all the races I have done, I would rate this one as one of the most pleasant. Beautiful day and again awesome course. Met a guy on the bus ride back to the school who was tons of fun and I figure that is what it's all about.
It is my goal to work on increasing my time now. I am hoping for fabulous things in Chicago...stay tuned.

1 comment: